Unlike the processional, we were able to stand at the door - open - and watch our wedding party saunter across the floor. Like so many elements of the day this wasn't really planned - other than the wedding party would be announced. It was great to be able to let events unfold. I didn't realize how many little things I'd overlooked. Brittani and her assistant were able to keep things flowing and make the day we dreamed about a reality.
|cubes and I step out together with our right feet. This was totally not planned.|
|Photograph by Vanessa Naylon.|
We'd end by joining our wedding party on the stage. Again unplanned. For some strange reason the impulse to have us all join hands and take a bow struck me. And that's what we did, we linked hands, raised our hands and bowed. We were a little uneven but the smiles on our faces more than made up for the improvisation.
If you're just joining, here's our story so far:
- The girls came over to our place to get ready.
- I shared my dress with the girls for a real first look.
- We bungled our first look.
- Highlighted my dress and how it almost didn't happen.
- We enjoyed some down time.
- cubes and I took our turn in the spotlight for our portraits.
- The bridespeople get herded for photos.
- Socks captured!
- The groomspeople get herded for photos.
- The wedding party struck a pose.
- I get veiled.
- The best man and Diva of Honor signed our marriage license.
- In turn, our witnesses, cubes and I, and our rabbi signed our ketubah.
- Family congratulated us while we waited for ceremony time.
- Then the chuppah was readied.
- The Rabbi and the chuppah proceeded down the aisle.
- Our grandmothers, cubes' attendants, and cubes walked down the aisle.
- The girls went next, and then it was my turn and I walked down the aisle with my parents.
- Once we were both at the chuppah, it was time to get married!
- We each stepped on a glass.
- We kissed.
- We receive our first standing ovation.
- We toasted with our wedding party.
- Our guests sipped signature drinks and nibbled passed appetizers.
- We crashed our own reception.
- Our wedding party was introduced.
Credits: All photographs unless noted otherwise were taken by Jessica Palopoli. Bride's dress: Vintage I.Magnin, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Bride's and Girls' makeup by Guille of The Lobby Salon. Bride's and Girls' hair styled by Catherine Walters. Bride's hair color and cut by John Skinner and Louise Frost of CODE Salon, respectively. Groom's hair by Cindy Lopez of Azure Salon. Groom's suit: Vintage Gucci from Sui Generis, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Girls' dresses: Adrianna Papell from Nordstrom and Macy*s. Girls' necklaces: GemKitty. Boys' ties: Express. Boys' shirts: Proper Cloth.