First down the aisle were our grandmothers. They're both very dear and special so we wanted to honor them by having them included in the processional. Our usher (and Official Tweeter) Roland took his job very seriously. My gram remarked afterwards that he was a total gentleman and his manners perfect.
My Gram Marie, Roland, and cubes' Nan Diane
Once our grandmothers were seated it was time for the Groom's Party to walk down the aisle. Brittani, our wedding coordinator (blue jacket), looks on to see that everything goes smoothly with Kerry. our onsite manager, ensuring bar and catering noise is kept to a minimum while Steve and Helen chat.
As soon as I was upstairs waiting outside Freja Hall, it was all Brittani could do to keep me from being seen too soon. I kept wanting to peak around and see everyone walking down the aisle. Steve leads off the party with a smile.
Helen's next down the aisle.
Followed by cubes's brother and best man, Todd.
And then it's cubes turn. (If you look carefully you can see Monica peaking in from the hall.)
cubes's Mom Robin, cubes, cubes's Dad Alan
We'll start the week off by continuing the recaps with the girls Walking Down the Aisle.
If you've just joined us for the recaps and want to catch up, here's what we've done so far.
- Highlighted my dress and how it almost didn't happen.
- cubes and I took our turn in the spotlight for our portraits.
- The bridespeople get herded for photos.
- Socks captured!
- The groomspeople get herded for photos.
- The wedding party struck a pose.
- I get veiled.
- The best man and Diva of Honor signed our marriage license.
- In turn, our witnesses, cubes and I, and our rabbi signed our ketubah.
- Family congratulated us while we waited for ceremony time.
- Then the chuppah was readied.
- The Rabbi and the chuppah proceeded down the aisle.
Credits: All photographs unless noted otherwise were taken by Jessica Palopoli. Bride's dress: Vintage I.Magnin, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Bride's hat and veil: Estar Hats. Bride's and Girls' makeup by Guille of The Lobby Salon. Bride's and Girls' hair styled by Catherine Walters. Bride's hair color and cut by John Skinner and Louise Frost of CODE Salon, respectively. Groom's hair by Cindy Lopez of Azure Salon. Groom's suit: Vintage Gucci from Sui Generis, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Girls' dresses: Adrianna Papell from Nordstrom and Macy*s. Girls' necklaces: GemKitty. Boys' ties: The Limited. Boys' shirts: Proper Cloth.