|Groomsman Steve Gonzales and Bridesman Brian Herbek lead off.|
You might have been wondering what hijinx we were up to in the last recap. Last June our dear friends - and members of our wedding party - Ames and Steve, Bri and Helen were married. Bri suggested and cubes and I immediately agreed that we switch up the couples. I forget exactly how they were announced, but all took it in stride and played to the crowd.
|Best man Todd Silverstein and Bridesmaid Monica Fine|
Later this morning, cubes and I will walk into Freja Hall to a standing ovation. If you're just joining, here's our story so far:
- The girls came over to our place to get ready.
- I shared my dress with the girls for a real first look.
- We bungled our first look.
- Highlighted my dress and how it almost didn't happen.
- We enjoyed some down time.
- cubes and I took our turn in the spotlight for our portraits.
- The bridespeople get herded for photos.
- Socks captured!
- The groomspeople get herded for photos.
- The wedding party struck a pose.
- I get veiled.
- The best man and Diva of Honor signed our marriage license.
- In turn, our witnesses, cubes and I, and our rabbi signed our ketubah.
- Family congratulated us while we waited for ceremony time.
- Then the chuppah was readied.
- The Rabbi and the chuppah proceeded down the aisle.
- Our grandmothers, cubes' attendants, and cubes walked down the aisle.
- The girls went next, and then it was my turn and I walked down the aisle with my parents.
- Once we were both at the chuppah, it was time to get married!
- We each stepped on a glass.
- We kissed.
- We receive our first standing ovation.
- We toasted with our wedding party.
- Our guests sipped signature drinks and nibbled passed appetizers.
- We crashed our own reception.
Credits: All photographs unless noted otherwise were taken by Jessica Palopoli. Bride's dress: Vintage I.Magnin, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Bride's and Girls' makeup by Guille of The Lobby Salon. Bride's and Girls' hair styled by Catherine Walters. Bride's hair color and cut by John Skinner and Louise Frost of CODE Salon, respectively. Groom's hair by Cindy Lopez of Azure Salon. Groom's suit: Vintage Gucci from Sui Generis, reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream. Girls' dresses: Adrianna Papell from Nordstrom and Macy*s. Girls' necklaces: GemKitty. Boys' ties: Express. Boys' shirts: Proper Cloth.