As bourbon is our drink of choice, it was only appropriate that my first drink after being married was from Bri's flask.
For our toast, we were going to have Bri's Watermelon Vodka (his on playa gift to us at last year's Burning Man). This was one of those items that in the rush from our place to the hall got forgotten in the shuffle. (ProTip: Create a checklist of everything that needs to go with you. Even if you think you'll remember something, it's good to have a list that someone else can double check for you.) Brittani retrieved the Tequila from the bar before the festivities started and we toasted with Tequila. Tequila has a significant role in Our Story so it was a perfect stand in.
After our toast, cubes and I shared some quiet time together (Yiccud), while our guests mingled.
In the next recap, you'll join our cocktail hour. If you're just joining, here's our story so far:
- The girls came over to our place to get ready.
- I shared my dress with the girls for a real first look.
- We bungled our first look.
- Highlighted my dress and how it almost didn't happen.
- We enjoyed some down time.
- cubes and I took our turn in the spotlight for our portraits.
- The bridespeople get herded for photos.
- Socks captured!
- The groomspeople get herded for photos.
- The wedding party struck a pose.
- I get veiled.
- The best man and Diva of Honor signed our marriage license.
- In turn, our witnesses, cubes and I, and our rabbi signed our ketubah.
- Family congratulated us while we waited for ceremony time.
- Then the chuppah was readied.
- The Rabbi and the chuppah proceeded down the aisle.
- Our grandmothers, cubes' attendants, and cubes walked down the aisle.
- The girls went next, and then it was my turn and I walked down the aisle with my parents.
- Once we were both at the chuppah, it was time to get married!
- We each stepped on a glass.
- We kissed.
- We receive our first standing ovation.