|Guests snap up Crostini with Goat Cheese and Artichoke Olive Relish.|
We chose three passed appetizers from Cafe du Nord: Bruschetta with Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil; Bruschetta with Winter Greens Braised in Olive Oil with Chile, Garlic and Lemon; and Crostini with Goat Cheese and Artichoke Olive Relish. (Brittani brought us two plates - six bites each!) All were a hit with the guests.
|We lined three pedestals up down the center of the room and decorated them with Real Touch Silk Dahlias and |
Mason Jars hand tied with ribbons and antique keys.
Guests also took time to add their favorite recipes to our guest book. The book along with supplies - pens, glue, photo corners, and more - was set up in the front bay window.
After our cocktail hour, it's time for dinner, but that's a story for another recap. If you're just joining, here's our story so far:
- The girls came over to our place to get ready.
- I shared my dress with the girls for a real first look.
- We bungled our first look.
- Highlighted my dress and how it almost didn't happen.
- We enjoyed some down time.
- cubes and I took our turn in the spotlight for our portraits.
- The bridespeople get herded for photos.
- Socks captured!
- The groomspeople get herded for photos.
- The wedding party struck a pose.
- I get veiled.
- The best man and Diva of Honor signed our marriage license.
- In turn, our witnesses, cubes and I, and our rabbi signed our ketubah.
- Family congratulated us while we waited for ceremony time.
- Then the chuppah was readied.
- The Rabbi and the chuppah proceeded down the aisle.
- Our grandmothers, cubes' attendants, and cubes walked down the aisle.
- The girls went next, and then it was my turn and I walked down the aisle with my parents.
- Once we were both at the chuppah, it was time to get married!
- We each stepped on a glass.
- We kissed.
- We receive our first standing ovation.
- We toasted with our wedding party.