{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Friday, February 4, 2011

My Favorite Things #4

Naomi's twist on her TuesdayShoesday post reminded me of the tangle of shoes I had tossed in my closet up until a few weeks ago. With statement shoes in vogue and more art than function why not display them?
Credits: Leon spotted on Enchanted Dream WeddingsBolaget Fastighetsformedling discovered on decor8
This idea of displaying shoes, set my imagination in motion. I immediately thought of a Cinderella-inspired engagement session in a shoe store or cobbler shop.

Back to reality and to my "Get Organized. Stay Organized." resolution. A wall of shoes would definitely keep me organized. The downside? cubes would go crazy if I dedicated an entire wall of our apartment to shoes, but the neatly arranged column of shoes might work. I have some lovely vintage black pumps and slippers that need to be admired.

Tuesday night while dining at Puerto Allegre, I saw a television ad for a replica of Kate Middleton's engagement ring. So what's a girl to do? Start dreaming again of course.

The Finds: Pink Rosette Handbag from Windsor$35.90, spotted on The Charity Wedding; Friedrich Blue Enamel with Gold Chain Necklace from Fashion Rerun,$34; Christian Dior from Sweet n Sour Vintage$400; Ste. Lazare Angora Cardigan from Mademoiselle Coco$75; Natural Fancy Pink Pear Cut Diamond Engagement Ring from Weston Jewelry$21,999 spotted on Classic Bride; Valentino Bow Pump from Nordstrom $745.
Of course Cinderella would be wearing vintage Christian Dior when her prince slid the gorgeous fancy pink diamond on her hand. Anyone else out there create stories for outfits? Or is it just me? I love having friends get dressed up and play act while I photograph them.

We've got a lot coming up next week on the blog. On Monday, we recap our cocktail reception. On Wednesday, tune in for the second in our Pampering the Groom series. Thursday will have the long awaited DIY vintage-inspired stamps (had some technical difficulties with my scanner).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...