Here's a sneak peek from our playa wedding. Recaps (along with crazed last minute DIY projects for our 10/10/10 wedding) next week.
Atop a scissor lift beside Syzygryd we said "I Do" and saved the universe from potential destruction.
We also successfully merged two geeky memes - Firefly (Fox) and True Blood (HBO) - serving a signature drink, The Fangbanger, designed to keep Reavers from eating unsuspecting guests.
The Wedding Party
- Officiant: Joshrander
- Giving the Groom Away: Netdiva
- Groom's Attendants: Simon and Nicoles
- Giving the Bride Away: The Massive Bri
- Bride's Attendants: Iris and Oznog
- Catering: Michael Whelpley with support of the Syzygryd Base Camp Kitchen Crew
- Security: Christina
Special thanks to our friends: the Syzygryd crew who moved heaven and earth and worked tirelessly so that lights and sound were operational for us and fire was test ready (OMG the heat!). Warkitten who acquired a scissor lift from DPW. 10_9 who had a ranger on hand to sign our ceremony so that everyone could enjoy.
- Bride's Outfit: Top by Miss Velvet Cream with vintage petticoats from Alley Cats Vintage and Anne Marie Austin on Etsy and vintage Liz Claiborne boots from Fleurs en Papier also on Etsy
- Groom's Outfit: Syzygryd lab coat hand dyed by SFSlim, Yerdua, et al. over Nomex flight suit and Doc Martens.
- Rings: Bride's ring from London Particulars on Etsy; Groom's ring from EDM Designs on Etsy
- Bride's Hair: Wig from Trendy Hair Gallery with Butterfly donated by Pickle Camp
- Decor: Bouquet made by Iris from artificial flowers donated by The Artery and Center Camp; Paper Cranes made by Helen and strung on Amber Acolyte FloraLyte II LEDs (from Save-On-Crafts) by J