{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Benefits of Being Authentic and Open

When I started this blog, it was going to be just updates about our wedding. We designed our Save the Dates. We mailed our Save the Dates. Blah blah blah. And that's how it started.

But near the end of March, I started talking about what I was obsessed with (or passionate about as cubes would say), things such as fonts, paper, etc. I also ranted about the pressure to be perfect. I've blogged about the frustrations, the disappointments, and the freak outs that come along with wedding planning.

Some posts are scary for me to write - especially knowing that friends and family will see them. I'm very glad I got past those fears (and have started talking in person with friends outside the blog). The support and reassurances of friends and strangers has been amazing!

Yesterday we had our second Wedding DIY Project Crafting Day. Without that post about perfection and a friend reaching out to see if I was ok, these days wouldn't have been possible. What I enjoy most about these days isn't all the projects that are getting completed - and early as well! What I enjoy most is all the friends coming together. The laughter. The catching up on what everyone's being doing and how they've been.

We're ahead in our wedding planning and DIY Projects because these crafting days motivated me to organize everything so that we can get together. Because of the suggestions to turn the DIY Projects into a sort of Wedding Style Barn Raising I have all these memories of us together. I also have an answer to whether people notice the details - they do.

So if ever you're tempted not to be authentic and open, put that temptation aside. The benefits of being authentic and open are that you'll get additional ideas and you'll get amazing afternoons of friends coming together.

One of my top three things I wanted for our wedding was Friends. So far, this is coming true in spades.

1 comment:

  1. That's so true, being authentic and open has also helped me tons. I'm really glad I found this blogging outlet. It's not that your own friends and family's opinions don't count, but it's kinda cool to hear the opinions of others, even if you don't know them personally.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...