{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Choosing: The Right Shoe

Ever since I was introduced to thrifting last year, I've become addicted to shopping for vintage outfits and accessories. By now you'll probably know I'm primarily focused on the 1940s and 1950s.

For our photography shoot and my getaway outfit I wanted a pair of cute eye-catching pumps. Juicy suggested pink. Initially I wasn't sold on pink. But then I found an adorable pair of Via Spigas. The downside? Completely sold out in my size. The Betsey Johnson shoes might have worked, but I have a problem paying over $100 for shoes that I might just wear once. (My fav designer shoes and boots that I sport at the moment? All from local thrift shops, less than $15 a pair.)

Unfortunately finding the "right" pink vintage shoes in my size is even more of a challenge.
VINTAGE 50s 60s PINK PUMPS - PEARLIZED LIZARD EMBOSSED LEATHER HIGH HEELS - Size 6, 6 1/2, 6.5
3/4 of an inch too long. Boo.

So back to basics. Black pumps. Here are the options in my size.
Which do you like?

Where I Found the Shoes
  1. Sexy Kitten Heels with Charcoal Lucite Buckles and Bows from Yosemite Village (Etsy) $32.00
  2. Pumps from Midnight Sparkle Vintage Clothing $60.00
  3. Naturalizer Suede Leather Dress Shoes with Bow (#17) from Jabot's Holly Vogue Vintage $38.00
  4. Soft Illutions Suede Leather Dress Shoes with Cross Bow (#22) from Jabot's Holly Vogue Vintage $38.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...