{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hi my name is and I'm ...

what most would call a hopeless romantic. I've always labeled myself a hopeful romantic.
(the night I wished my second wish)

How do I know I'm a hopeful romantic you ask? Here's how. I have a small collection of DVDs - the overwhelming proportion of those DVDs are romances. None of the romances end with the couple finding love only to have one DIE.

A hopeful romantic is one who believes in happily ever after. A hopeless romantic enjoys all love, even unrequited love. I hate unrequited love. I hate stories of love found only to have it lost. Message in a Bottle. City of Angels. Titanic. Nights in Rodanthe.

Last month I shared some of my favorite all-time movie kisses. For anyone thinking about vows and facing writer's block, here's some inspiration. (By the way, my all-time absolute favorite "movie" moment? My own - off camera and completely unscripted. And yes, I still pinch myself.)

From Ever After...
Henry: Do you really think there is only one perfect mate?
Leonardo da Vinci: As a matter of fact, I do.
Henry: Well then how can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice?
Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention.

From Must Like Dogs...
Jake: I have this theory that when you first meet somebody, that's the when you have to be totally honest, because you have nothing to lose. ... We'll never see each other as clearly and as nakedly as we do in this moment.

From The Wedding Singer...
Robbie: How [do] you know ... the right one?
Julia: The right one, ah... I always just envisioned the right one being someone I could see myself growing old with.

From Bull Durham...
Annie: Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. I mean, it's all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Why, there are laws we don't understand that bring us together and tear us apart. Uh, it's like pheromones.

From Last of the Mohicans...
Hawkeye: I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

From The Princess Bride...
Westley:
Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley:
This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley:
There will never be a need.

From Must Like Dogs...
Jake: You grow up, you're an adult, right? And you think you have all this worldly experience, right? That's point A.

You think your personality is formed. And then you think you're complete, but you meet somebody. You start feeling new things. ... And ... it's like, the completion of self. The person who can fill the final void.

That's what it was like when I met Sarah.


From When Harry Met Sally...
Harry: I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely. ... I came here tonight because whey you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

From Must Love Dogs...
Sarah: I want to be in love. I want to wake up next to someone and see them smile, do the whole Sunday breakfast thing, go out and get the paper, stay in bed together all day.

From Say Anything...
Lloyd:
Just knowing that a version like that exists, knowing that just for a minute she felt that and wrote "I can't help loving you." That has be a good thing.

From Pretty Woman...
Edward: So what happened after he climbed up the tower and rescued her?
Vivian: She rescues him right back.


From The Wedding Date...
Nick: The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back.

From My Best Friend's Wedding...
Michael: [I]f you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just...
Julianne:
Passes you by...
Michael: Passes you by...

From Notting Hill...
Anna: Don't forget I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

From The Notebook...
Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day.

From Runaway Bride...
Ike: I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me.

From The Princess Bride...
Grandpa: Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...