{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Friday, May 21, 2010

What Inspires Me: Programs

I love books. Growing up I was surrounded by them. I created them. I filled spiral bound notebooks with stories and illustrations. And in seventh grade, I got to create a "book." We had an art project where we made a journal with fabric, a manila folder, thread, and glue.

Programs at a wedding remind me of books. A well-done program tells a guest what is going to happen and can include a story. Our program will include an event timeline, description of the various symbols in our Reform Jewish Wedding, and our story. Not everyone will read the program. That's ok.

Here are a few of the programs that have caught my eye and why. I'll reveal our program when we get closer to that crafting day.

1. Pink Ink via Style Me Pretty; Ribbon and vertical orientation.
2. Allison Barnhill Designs via Style Me Pretty; ribbon.

3. Mika78 via Style Me Pretty; banded cover, ribbon, and color contrast.
Program Mika78

4. Chelle Paperie via The Inspired Bride; twine tie, fabric cover.
5. What Junebug Loves!; tabbed programs.
6. Deirdre Eco Wedding Invitation from InviteSite; pages stitched onto the cover.

7. Kelli Murray Art via Green Wedding Shoes; distressed background image on page and use of script font for a vintage feel.
wedding program handdrawnwedding program book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...