When we were planning our wedding, I'd initially thought of decorating the tables at our reception with cookbooks from my childhood. (This was before we had secured a site and found out that we'd be lugging all of these books up and down two flights of stairs. And that we'd be transforming our ceremony hall into our dining hall during our cocktail reception.) Before abandoning this idea, I purchased many cookbook lots on Etsy and Ebay, obtaining a few duplicates. I immediately thought about how these books could be used for signage or as a centerpiece at the bar or on the gift table.
- 2-11"x14" shadow boxes ($24.99 plus tax at The Container Store http://www.
containerstore.com/shop/) storage/storageBoxes/ naturalMaterials?productId= 10000606
- 2 to 3 cookbooks with photos and illustrations (variable $0.99 to $3.25 plus shipping on Etsy and Ebay)
- A few photographs from 1 to 3 small (3"x5" 4"x6" 5"x7") photographs or 1 to 2 large photographs (8"x10" 11"x14")
- "Found" objects (variable $0 to $10 on Etsy and Ebay)
- Stencils (optional)
- Elmer's Craft Bond Acid Free Memory Book Glue Pen
- Utility Knife
- Sharpie Permanent Marker (to color edges of cardboard letters)
- Straight pins
- Krazy Glue
- Zig 2-Way Glue Pen ($3.99 at Jo-Ann Fabrics http://www.joann.com/
joann/catalog/productdetail.) jsp?pageName=search&flag=true& PRODID=xprd757926