{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fashion Friday: Funny Face (1957)

I grew up watching KQED and more than anything I wanted to be Jo Stockton, the character played by Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. I wanted my moment.

Which moment? This one when she's discovered her sense of style and grace and exclaims to a befuddled Fred Astaire, "Take My Picture! Take My Picture!" Of course, the moment I remember isn't really in the movie. You see, I merged dialog from a different part of the movie with this outfit.

Credits: mptv Images via IMDb: 38 and 36 of 98.

I hadn't thought of this movie for years. Then a few weeks ago, I found this vintage Christian Dior evening coat and imagined myself in it as Jo in Funny Face, sweeping down the marble staircase with the coat billowing behind. Since then I've been on the look out for the perfect dress which this week I finally found.

Credits: Black Satin and Stretch Lace-up Boots by Balmain, $1,036 ($1,295 Retail) from Bluefly;
Black Taffeta Evening Coat by Christian Dior, late 1960s - early 1970s, $5,800 from Vintage TextilePale Pink Chiffon Dress by Valentino, $3,450 ($5,225 Retail) from StyleBop; Camelia Ring in 18K White Gold and Onyx, Large Version, by Chanel; Elisia Necklace by Bulgari.

I envy fashion stylists and photographers. They get to create these dreams and bring them to life, even if just for a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...