{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Shoesday: Dressy Flats for Slacks

My black leather Enzo Angiolini loafers are on their last legs. They've traveled the world with me and logged many miles. They've been reheeled, resoled, and reconditioned twice (the last time before I left Austin for East Lansing in 2003). 

So now it's time to replace them. My wishlist of features:
  • Black leather
  • Slightly rounded or pointed toe
  • Heel 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch
  • Stacked heel
  • Buckle detail
One thing I discovered while looking for new shoes is that you can see the quality of the shoe in the details - specifically the seams. Of course the detailing on the Enzo Angiolini loafers that I'm comparing the replacements to is similar to those shoes costing over $100.
Author by Brighton
$195 from Zappos.com
Perfect with one small problem. Not available in my size. :(
Berwick Ave by Clarks
$94.99 from Zappos.com
A good brand - worth the price. But, for me the toe is a little too square.

Truth: Pilgrim (Black)
Truth: Pilgrim by Fluevog

Claudia from Culture Phit
$109 from Zappos.com
A brand I haven't heard of before. Cute detailing. Slightly rounded toe. Remind me of Fluevogs.
Good Style Comes in Threes FlatGood Style Comes in Threes Flat
$49.99 from ModCloth
Unknown brand. Not leather. Very similar to Learned by Aldo (on sale for $44 from Zappos.com).

Alessandra by Culture Phit
$89 from Zappos.com
Again, a brand I haven't heard of before. Cute detailing. Slightly rounded toe. Not crazy about the heel.

Trap by Walking Cradles
$73.20 (regularly $91.50) from Zappos.com
Buckle detail. Slightly rounded toe. Heel that I can't stand.
Pearl Loafer by ECCO
$140 from Zappos.com
Well-known brand. No buckle detail.

Elling by Paul Green
$186.90 from 6pm; $213.60 from Zappos.com (regularly $267); $256 from Endless
Exactly the toe I'm looking for. European. Brand known for quality.

629999 by Fratelli Rossetti
$350 (regularly $500) from Zappos.com
Perfect toe. Italian. Luckily not in my size.
Classic II by Eastland
$79 from Zappos.com
A brand I haven't personally heard of. No buckle detail. No stacked heel.

Well-to-do ShoeWell-to-do Shoe
Chelsea Crew
$69.99 from ModCloth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...