{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ideas Worthy of Stealing

No not mine. Ideas from another bride and another bride's maid of honor and bridesmaids. I'd been asked by a couple of guests about our guestbook, specifically, if I don't cook, what should I share? I recommended their favorite restaurant and tip for ordering a yummy meal. Or memory of a meal they've shared with us or would like to share with us.

So I've been thinking about and looking for ways to keep our guestbook's interactivity and make it more inviting. I'd always planned on providing food-related stickers for guests to add to their page. I'd seen how popular this was with both teenagers (at a High School Graduation Party I photographed) and adults (at a New Year's Eve Wedding Reception I photographed). Here's what it can look like for recipes:
(Source: A Mountain Bride)

But that idea assumes guests have brought a recipe with them. Some of our guests are traveling. Some don't cook. So while fun, it doesn't give everyone an equal opportunity to participate.

Now when I saw these two ideas, I knew exactly what we were going to do. You'll have to wait to see how we steal these ideas, but they will be making an appearance in our festivities.

Interactive Guestbook Page designed by Emily
"I am a graphic design major, so I designed the invitations, stationery, and special interactive guestbook pages at each guest's seat."
Photography Credit: Wes Roberts via Glamour and Grace

This idea caught my eye a couple of months ago. Why? It's a recipe box for a foodie bride who doesn't cook. A perfect way for any of our guests who might not cook to share their favorite haunts (local or otherwise).

recipe2
(Source: Miss Hamster's Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids via Weddingbee)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...