{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Thursday, September 16, 2010

DIY Update: A Commercial Option for Our Envisioned Throw Pillows

We - rather I had - these grand plans of softening our venue. Irresistible super plush in our neutral wedding colors - black, charcoal, and ivory - was sourced. Orphaned flowers from initial tablescape plans were united with a new DIY project. 

Then... Syzygryd happened. So no DIY throw pillows. (Stop laughing now. Would you want your grandmother sitting on a cold hard bench? Yeah I thought not.)

Seems that no idea is truly unique. Just in time for Fall, throw pillows with flowers. 
Double Flower Wine 18" Decorative Toss Pillow
18" Throw Pillow 
$24.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond

Quite elegant. Almost our wedding colors even!

Don't worry you're not going to find this accent at our wedding. Why? It's not us. The Dahlia covered pillows and plush do tell a story. A day I sent my parents on a scavenger hunt for silk flowers in our wedding colors. A day my mom and I took our scavenger hunt to the State Capitol. An evening when cubes and I prepared the flowers. An afternoon when cubes and I scoured Michael's for non-sew pillow closure (think fusible velcro in place of zippers) options.

While on the subject of decorative pillows I came across two other more budget friendly options in two of our wedding colors - Ivory and Black - from Brentwood Originals. I think they'd look better in a more modern setting than in our early 19th venue - a seating group similar to one we saw at Promises and Pearls. How inviting would that high-backed settee be with a couple of Rosette pillows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...