{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update: Silk and more silk from Thai Silks

Last week, Mooflyfoof and I met Robynne of Tulgey Wood Designs, our corset maker, at Thai Silks in Los Altos. The goal? Get silk. Silk for Mooflfoof's wedding dress. Silk for my corset.


The result? Silk and more silk. Silk for my corset, silk scarves for use in our centerpieces, and remnants for another project that I'll reveal later on.

Our sales associate was very friendly and helpful. Turns out they were about to have a 25% off Summer Sale, and we were a few days too early. They gave us the option to put our fabric on hold, and then order our fabric by phone when the sale started. For me, with shipping this wasn't that much of a savings ($5) as I was buying 1 yard of silk. Our sales associate offered me 10% off which I took.

If you can't make it down to Los Altos, you can order online. If you don't want to purchase silk sight unseen, they even have samples available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...