{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In search of a veil

Let me just say this - veils are expensive! And I'm not altogether sure they're me. At lunch I went to Gesinee's Bridal in Concord. I tried on a couple of one tier elbow length veils. I was actually looking for two tiers and blushers or birdcages which they didn't have. It also turns out antique ivory is nearly impossible to find at your average bridal salon.

Here's me in two veils that can be made in ivory.

Now the first veil (with the floral trimmed edge) is your typical tulle. At the store it's $195. I found it online for a little less $114.99. The second veil - the one on the right was a little better - it was 100% silk. The price tag for some silk with a simple pencil edge and a comb seemed outrageous to me. The price is $295.

Are you going to wear a veil? How did you find one that you liked? Are you going to make your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...