Two first impressions:
- It's noisy when it's running. Maybe this was because we ran it on our granite countertop.
- Vegan ice cream is not firm enough to eat after 20 to 25 minutes. You do need to refrigerate it the recommended additional 2 hours.
For the inaugural run, we made a variation of the Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream recipe that I found at Elana's Pantry.
Mixed Berry Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar Free Ice Cream
- 5 oz Blackberries, fresh, deseeded
- 5 oz Blueberries, fresh
- 13.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup, Agave Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Wash and dry the blackberries and blueberries.
NOTE: If you don't remove the seeds from the blackberries, your ice cream won't be smooth.
- Blend blackberries, blueberries, coconut milk, agave nectar, and vanilla extract in blender.
NOTE: If you forget the vanilla, the ice cream will have a coconut flavor. These proportions neutralize the coconut and bring the fruit forward.
- Remove frozen freezer bowl from the freezer. Place freezer bowl on the center of the base.
- Place mixing arm in freezer bowl.
- Place lid on base.
- Turn the ice cream maker on.
- Pour blended mixture into the freezer bowl.
- Mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container.
- Place in freezer for 6 to 8 hours. Remove 15 minutes before serving.