{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Get to Know Us: The Moment We Knew

This moment is best told fresh, without the intervention of time. Here's the story of the moment we knew straight from my May 7th, 2009 journal entry:

Last night felt like a scene out of a movie. No not the type where girl discovers true love only to have him die or vice versa (City of Angels, Nights in Rodanthe, Message in a Bottle, etc.). I mean the type where girl gets the unexpected.

So imagine a girl who still knows nothing about guys, getting enough nerve to actually ssk the guy she's interested in if he's interested back. Yeah... the girl's not waiting and not avoiding the question and hoping by avoiding the question she gets the answer she wants. In this scene the girl - incredibly nervous and tongue-tied - does the unexpected, asks the guy if he's interested in her as a friend or maybe more.

Now let's set the scene. Boy and girl are in the kitchen, each standing on the opposite side of the counter when girl asks boy (imagine girl completely tripping over her words). Turns out boy is just as nervous as girl. Boy doesn't reply with a straight answer immediately, he's trying to see what girl is thinking. Girl replies why he turned his head when she thought he'd try and kiss her. Boy replies that he wasn't sure she was interested because she didn't kiss him back the first time. Boy tells girl he can't read her. Girl replies she can't read him either. (Good thing one of their friends can read both of them and creates opportunities for the two to end up by themselves.) Boy and girl end up kissing over the counter. Boy asks girl if she felt anything. Girl replies um yes, you? Boy replies with another kiss.

Now I'm sure I've seen a scene like this out of a movie. What took me by surprise wasn't that it reminded me of a movie. What surprised me was that I asked the question I really didn't want an answer to (always assume I'll get a negative answer) and instead I got the answer I hoped for and more.


May 6th, 2009 was the night that the girl and boy stopped dating with a little 'd' and started dating with a big 'D.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...