{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dressing My Mom: The Inspiration

When we were looking for a dress for our bridesmaids, we came across these separates by Tadashi Shoji that I thought would be perfect for my mom.
In general my mom is pretty conservative in her dress. She likes jackets that she can wear tops under and longer skirts - those that hit mid-calf. I wanted to find something that was conservative but not frumpy and dressy enough for a semi-formal evening; the shimmer of the material which is similar to the material of the bridesmaids' dresses is what drew me to the Tadashi Shoji separates. I also liked the clean lines and simple detailing.

What's your mom wearing for your wedding? Did you look for a material that was similar to the material of the bridesmaids' dresses?

UPDATE 6/2/2010 9:36PM: Another outfit with a similar silhouette is available. I don't like the fabric finish as much as the first. But the color might coordinate with our palette.


Tadashi Shoji, Salon Z

Taffeta Blouse (Saks Fifth Avenue 0453519928844 $265) & Fishtail Skirt (Saks Fifth Avenue 0453519263761 $250)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...