{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Purseday: Organizing One's Thoughts

A place for everything, everything in its place.
- Benjamin Franklin according to Quote Gallery

When we were planning our wedding, my organizer went with me everywhere. My organizer was a journal with lined paper, a few fabric and ribbon swatches, and a handful of 4x6 inspiration cards. Everything fit perfectly in my purse (I had a purse large enough to conceal a Canon 5D with zoom lens).

I saw this bag captured on the streets of New York and immediately thought how great it would be to hold my current journal/notebook, camera, colored pencils, and more.
Credit: HB Nam, StreetFSN, New York Fashion Week, Day 5
I don't know why well-loved, aka "Distressed," bags call to me. I think there's just a casual style that implies being able to pick and go at a moment's notice. (When I was single I had a bag with canvas, paints, and brushes, and a change of clothes stashed in my car. There were many a weekend I just picked a direction and drove until I found a spot that inspired me.)

What are your favorite bags for organizing your gear? 

Here are some of the bags that I'm dreaming of.
The Finds: Chocolate Brown Backpack from Trustfund 21$38; Black Backpack from Trustfund 21$52.
The Finds: Coach Station Bag from Omnia Wears$75 (not pictured $42.50 from The Well Seasoned Nest); Rina Rich Satchel from Shop Thrifted$50; Hunt Club Satchel from Skinny and Bernie$60.

For more lovely #ThursdayPurseday picks, check out these other blogs:

1 comment:

  1. I think it's in this month's Oprah mag that one desinger mentioned her method of organizing upon the start of every project. She fills a monogrammed bag with all the necessary manilla folders - a portable filing system. Brilliant IMO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...