{ Inspiration }          { Fashion }          { Green[er] }          { DIY }          { Tips }          { Our Wedding }

Monday, March 8, 2010

Dressing the Bride: In Vintage Silk & Lace

Shortly after cubes proposed - I don't remember the exact moment - I just knew I had to say "I Do" in my mom's wedding dress and it had to be reconstructed by Miss Velvet Cream (MVC). My mom and I meet with Scatha last October to talk about/sketch the dress of my dreams. The dress that appeared on paper was beautiful. I was so excited that my mom was on board with the project.

Fast forward to yesterday. My mom and I met Scatha in her Sacramento studio for the final fitting. Wow is all I can say. I knew the dress would be Amazing based on the sketch. I didn't realize it would be breathtakingly, drop dead gorgeous. And believe you me, this dress is! I totally feel like the fairytale princess.

I can't wait to show off the dress to the wedding party. I have strict instructions from MVC to flounce around in it awhile so that we can make adjustments if necessary. Everyone else will just have to wait to see me in it. And hopefully I won't spill all the details to cubes!

Were you able to have your bridal party with you when you went for your final fitting? Or did you plan a party/get together to unveil the dress to them? Or are you keeping your dress a surprise for everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...